Blank Children’s Hospital is actively searching for a Pediatrician to join the outpatient practice in Fort Dodge, Iowa.
Choose a career that matters at UnityPoint Health. UnityPoint Health physicians and advanced practice providers strive to be the best for our patients. We believe that our patient-centered vision and physician-driven philosophy, along with our one team approach, ensures every patient knows just how much they matter to this world. We promise to surround them with the best care possible and help them go from getting well to living well.
UnityPoint Clinic/Blank Children's Hospital is a physician-led, nonprofit health care organization offering comprehensive services in primary care, walk-in care and specialty care. The clinical teams at the area’s clinics are improving outcomes, lowering the number of hospital readmissions and reducing avoidable costs associated with treating chronic conditions. The UnityPoint Clinic team is known for excellence and quality patient care putting patients at the center of their care to provide the best level of health and well-being.
- Established Outpatient Practice of 3 providers (1 Physician & 2 Pediatric Nurse Practitioners)
- We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, signing bonus, retention bonus, residency stipend, relocation allowance, 401K with employer match, 457b retirement savings, CME, time away from practice, quality health, dental and vision insurance, wellness program, onsite workout center, onsite parking, onsite retail pharmacy and more!
- The clinic is adjacent to Trinity Regional Medical Center which offers services such as; lab, radiology, pharmacy, pediatric inpatient unit, emergency department, etc.
- Pulmonology, Endocrinology, and Neurology Pediatric Specialists from Blank Children's Hospital provide outreach services in office
- Fully integrated system with clinic and hospitals on Epic EMR to improve care coordination
- Rewarding Work – Flexible Scheduling – Family Oriented Team
- Excellent Work/Life Balance
- Additional details by request from the group
- Main practice location in Fort Dodge, with rotation through Des Moines as needed
- Average number of patients per day (depending on the season) = 20
- Clinic Hours: 8:00 am - 5:15 pm
- 36 patient contact hours, work 4 days/week
- No inpatient duties
- Outpatient call split evenly among the group, telephonic only, triaged via MyNurse hotline, minimal call volume
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member to improve the health of the people and communities we serve
- Provide the best outcome for every patient every time
- MD or DO
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Specialty
- Ability to obtain and hold an unrestricted license to practice in the state of State
- Hold current and unrestricted state and federal authority to prescribe and administer medications as necessary or appropriate to the physician’s field of practice
- Eligible to work in the United States (H1-B cap exempt)
- J-1 waiver sponsorship available
- Initial 2-year salary guarantee with ability to exceed on an innovative compensation program
- Attractive incentive package
- Comprehensive benefits package; generous time off and CME allowance, malpractice insurance, retirement contributions and more
- Dedicated provider resources to positively impact providers work-life balance
- Eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness, including a free third-party service for loan restructuring and consolidation
Fort Dodge, known for its Midwest charm and family values, is a great place to live, work and raise a family. From the spectacular farmers market to the nationally known museums, the opportunities for fun before, during and after work are endless. Whether exploring museums and public art pieces or riding mountain bikes and off-highway vehicles, Fort Dodge will Dodge the Ordinary.
Location/Region: Fort Dodge, IA (50501)