UnityPoint Clinic is actively recruiting for a Urologist to join our team in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint is a physician-lead, nonprofit healthcare organization in the Midwest. We believe that our patient-centered vision and physician-driven philosophy, along with our one team approach ensures every patient knows just how much they matter to this world. We are committed to providing quality, comprehensive, and personalized healthcare. Each day, we live our mission of improving the health of the people and communities we serve.
Join our established, talented, and collegial team of Physicians, APPs and Specialists, working in a collaborative environment and focusing on patient-centered care. UnityPoint Health – Trinity Regional Medical Center is a nonprofit hospital that serves an eight-county area with a population of approximately 137,000. As a designated regional referral center, Trinity offers a wide range of primary and secondary care services. Choose a career that matters at UnityPoint Health Fort Dodge.
- Established practice
- Current state: partnership with urology group to provide 5 days of physician coverage per month
- Future state: recruit full-time urologist to the community to provide more access - continue urology partnership for support, mentoring, call backup and collegiality
- Full-time ARNP in the clinic 5 days per week
- Competitive compensation and benefits package – Including: signing bonus, retention bonus, relocation, residency stipend, 401K match, CME, time away from practice, quality health, dental and vision insurance, etc.
- Experienced staff, both clinical and non-clinical who know the patients extremely well
- 36 patient contact hours with flexible scheduling to ensure sufficient patient access
- Work-life balance
- Rewarding work
- Fully integrated system with clinics and hospitals on Epic EMR to improve care coordination
- Additional details by request from group
- Average patients/day: varies depending on clinic/OR schedule, approximately 20-25
- Inpatient consults
- Office procedures: bladder botox, bladder scope, prostate biopsy, stent removal, vasectomy, etc.
- Call requirement: 10 days per month, remaining days covered by Urology partners
- Provide outreach services to community network affiliates
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as a team member and improve the health of the people and communities we serve
- Provide the best outcome for every patient every time
- MD or DO
- Board Certified or Board Eligible (must become Board Certified within 5 years)
- Hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine and surgery in the state of Iowa
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Ability to work as a team member
Join a vibrant, family-friendly community nestled in the rolling hills of the Des Moines River Valley in North Central Iowa. Fort Dodge has a population of 26,000 and is the largest city in the area, so there are a lot of amenities you wouldn’t typically find in a community this size. Our teams value work/life balance, so when they aren't caring for patients, they may be found enjoying some of the activities below. There is something here for everyone, come for a visit to learn more about what UnityPoint Health Fort Dodge can offer you both professionally and personally.
- Aquatic Center & Splash Pad
- 70 miles of trails: biking, running, walking, waterway, hiking
- Multiple parks with playground equipment, fishing, boating, camping
- Off-Highway Vehicle Park
- Fort Frenzy Kid Zone
- Variety of Restaurants and Cuisine
- Local Art Museum and Theatre
- Recreational Sports and Activities
- Public Hunting Land Access
- Regional Airport
- Community Apple Orchard
- Twin Lakes: popular nearby lake great for motorboats, watersports, sail boats and fishing
Location/Region: Fort Dodge, IA (50501)