Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID :10264
Employment Type :Full Time
Job Category :Purchasing / Inventory
Work Location : Ames, IA (Deco)
State or Province :Iowa (US-IA)
Potential Work Location :
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Deco Tool Crib Attendant associate provides supplemental service support in the areas of conversions, ordering stock, receiving stock, putting orders away, and reconciling packing slips for invoicing.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports customer solutions and sales associates.
- Understands company solutions, products, and services. Including limited technical product knowledge.
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customers.
- Maintain high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Unpack orders, checks accuracy of shipment and put stock away at customer locations.
- Reconcile vendors packings slips for customer invoicing.
- Ensure appropriate customer stock levels, generates new orders for merchandise, obtains customer approval to place orders when required
- Provides communication and feedback to the sales representative and supervisor as appropriate to ensure full customer satisfaction.
- Utilize company technology (CribMaster Inventory Management System) to complete daily tasks, order generation, tracking, and routing.
- Participates in special projects and preforms additional duties as required
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of cutting tools, abrasives, and MRO products Preferred
- Customer service experience is Preferred
- Relevant Military experience a plus.
SKILLS / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bending to lift items from the floor and truck required.
- Lifting items up to 75 pounds required.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel may be required.
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions. We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA and DisABLEd as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
Location/Region: Ames, Iowa